Sony A7000/A6700 finally coming ? July 17 is the "Sony Big Day for Camera and Lenses"

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Buddhamakessense Regular Member • Posts: 109
Re: Sony A7000/A6700 finally coming ? July 17 is the "Sony Big Day for Camera and Lenses"

SpacemanUA wrote:

You're funny. 1.8 vs 1.4 is a big deal if you want background blur, which is always good on APS-C camera. Plus it's 2/3 stops slower, which is a big deal in low light, compensating a bit the absence of OSS. And Sigma is waaaaay sharper than Sony 50/1.8. Sigma is fully usable wide open with razor sharpness while Sony needs to be stopped to f/2.5-2.8 for more or less sharp images. According to you, all of that doesn't matter. Okay

Have you ACTUALLY tried it though? You have to pixel peep to see the difference in bokeh between those two f stops. The OSS vs wider aperture, they cancel one another out. The sharpness...I didn't say the Sony were as sharp, I said the exact opposite. Why counter with my own point? I said sharper lenses produce flatter images...if that's a trade off you're willing to go for, great. I can't stand flat images, personally.

Buddhamakessense's gear list:Buddhamakessense's gear list
Sony a6400 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow