XT3 Newbiewith strange camera intermittent camera startup

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bangs New Member • Posts: 12
XT3 Newbiewith strange camera intermittent camera startup

I have a new XT3, but am not that new to Fuji--have an XT1, and X100S and F.  However, the XT3 is a different beast!  I've been able to figure out most of my questions, but there are two issues I can't, possibly because they are intermittent (and unpredictable as far as I can tell., I can't for the life of me tell what I may have done.  I've checked the manual (ugh!) and searched here, but found no clues so far.

1) Occasionally on start up, I find that the camera is in Sports Finder Mode without my having selected it in the menu at any time.  None of my function buttons are set for sports finder and I am always in single shot mode.  The first couple of times it made me a little crazy, since I saw the size was set on M, but couldn't figure out why, until I read that sports finder mode reduced the file size and yes, was on in the menu.  I thought I'd been careless making changes in the menu, but it happens just often enough now that I know its not that.

2) This may or may not be related to 1).  Occasionally, and usually on start up, when I look through the viewfinder I see, just for a moment, two black bands with white hash marks on the left and right side of the screen, with two semi-circular hash marked bands inside those, like something that might be on a scope, I'm guessing.  Again, nothing that I've selected, and nothing consistent or predictable that I can see.

I'd sure appreciate any ideas.  If it's user error, that's fine, but I'd like to know what it is I'm doing, especially finding myself inexplicably in sports finder mode

Thanks all

Bangs

ANSWER:
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow