Reasons for using the Pany 35-100mm F2.8

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Wingsfan
Wingsfan Regular Member • Posts: 244
Re: Reasons for using the Pany 35-100mm F2.8

Except in rare instances, I favor my fast zooms over primes as well. What I like about the Lumix 35-100 2.8 is it's very compact size. When I'm pushed for space, that's the lens or use for telephoto. I don't usually need the extra speed or separation of my fast primes.

If I have room to bring everything, I'll bring an Olympus 40-150 pro or Olympus 4/3 35-100 2.0.

I like the range of the Oly 2.8 pro, but it is pretty big and I don't always want to bring it everywhere, plus I have problems with the lens Hood mechanism breaking all the time. I love the 4/3 35-100 because of the rendering. It's an enormous lens but when I really want to get a great photo I bring that.

But really, what I find myself using more and more, especially with day trips with the family, is my zs100 or RX M6. These give me relatively fast lenses and zoom range that I can keep in my pocket. Overall IQ isn't the same, but for 13 x 19 or smaller, the differences are there but they're not significant for my needs.

Wingsfan's gear list:Wingsfan's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 4100 Olympus XZ-1 Nikon Coolpix S9100 Canon PowerShot G7 X Panasonic ZS100 +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow