Nice chat this AM with a Canon rep at a store in Northern VA

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tenordrum Regular Member • Posts: 267
Nice chat this AM with a Canon rep at a store in Northern VA

One of the local dealers is celebrating 50 years in business,, and is hosting a number of factory reps. Unlike the Sigma rep, who was more interested in chatting with a fellow rep from Sony,, the Canon rep was quite welcoming, and informative. He did not have a sample of the RF 24-240 , yet said it was essentially the same size and weight as the EF 70-300 Nano USM lens. He tried it out last week, and was impressed with the AF speed and IS capability.He asked if I liked the R and I told him that I did, very much so, after using several Canon bodies over the years. It makes being a grandpa snapping pics much easier in terms of the “hit” rate.

He also hinted that the R may have some announcement in the near future. Hmmm... that piqued my interest.

I was hoping to get some intel from the Sigma rep on possible porting of their new mirrorless lenses to the RF mount, but he was not all that interested in talking to potential customers. I “get it” that they may actually work for a distributor, and not Sigma directly, like many factory reps (at least that was the case for audio reps selling to retail electronics stores many years ago).

tenordrum's gear list:tenordrum's gear list
Canon EOS R Rokinon 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Canon EF 24-105mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow