SD card for 5D MkIV

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hiki08 Regular Member • Posts: 183
SD card for 5D MkIV

Hello all, I'm looking to purchase a couple more SD cards for my 5D MkIV (which will be used interchangeably with a new camcorder I'm thinking of getting - after format of course).

I've always used the Sandisk Extreme Pro 95mb/s SDXC1 U3 C10 cards. They've worked great.

Now that Sandisk has even faster Extreme Pro cards (i.e. 170mb/s and 300mb/s), has anyone used these with the Canon 5D MkIV and know that they work fine/are compatible? I remember reading somewhere a while back that these newer/faster Sandisk cards are sometimes unstable with the older camera units.

Price between the 90mb/s and 170mb/s cards aren't that far apart, so if they're compatible then I might go for the 170mb/s ones.

Just for reference, I speak of this: https://www.sandisk.com/home/memory-cards/sd-cards/extremepro-sd-uhs-i

I'm wary the Canon manual reads this, which suggests they are compatible: "SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards are supported. UHS-I SDHC or SDXC memory cards can also be used."

Thanks!

hiki08's gear list:hiki08's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow