Tele lens for Z6 and teleconverter

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Andrew Ellis
Andrew Ellis Contributing Member • Posts: 821
Tele lens for Z6 and teleconverter

Hi guys,

Last year I sold off my D500 and 200-500 lens as i found i just wasn't using it as it was big and heavy to carry around unless it was a dedicated birding trip.

I now own a Z6 and am looking for some affordable tele options. As good as the 200-500 is, i just know i'd be leaving it behind due to size and weight. So i've been looking at choices and think (within budget) a 300mm F4 PF might be the one, but would appreciate anyones take on this combo that's used it, especially in perhaps the 10mp DX mode. Does it give good results.

With the lens being so small and light, i can this this going with me everywhere, but would also need to extend its reach on occasions so i guess a teleconverter is a must. So, two further questions. Is the TC14E the one to go for or does the TC-17E yield very good results. If the former, does it have to be the newer mark III version or will the older MK II version suffice ?

Many thanks in advanced.

-- hide signature --

Lets make pictures, not war........

Andrew Ellis's gear list:Andrew Ellis's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Fujifilm X-H1 +21 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D500 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow