Bought into Panasonic

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Jozef M Senior Member • Posts: 1,259
Re: Bought into Panasonic

neile2010 wrote:

Jozef M wrote:

neile2010 wrote:

I sold my Nikon camera D610 and 24-120 , and have done plenty of research , and for myself the best camera kit and set was Panasonic. I am now the proud owner of G9 Leica 12-60 lens and battery grip. I have taken advantage of a good promotion (UK) by Panasonic, new system costing £1299.oo

I have compared systems and in my view, this camera is one of the most under rated and possibly overlooked cameras on the market, any others taken advantage of this offer...

i am really pleased with it so far.....

Neil

Why did you do that ... too large and heavy?

Jozef

Hi Jozef, i have been Canon for 90% of my time with cameras, and a few years ago after a loss of interest, i changed completely from my 7D and L glass to olympus EM5 when that came out .... that system re-invented my love for taking photos. After some time with that i went with fuji and the XT1, and again a beautiful set up. A problem with the XT1 seen me change to the Nikon, and although a lovely camera that it was, after having the smaller systems, i could not quite take to the camera, after a shutter count of 3k, i sold it, and looked to getting back to Mirrorless or M4/3.

after a lot of youtube and help from this forum and DP Review... My choice was the G9...

just a little back ground to my change..... i feel quite exited with my new purchase and think it trumps anything i have had in the past.... this just my take on it of course...

neil

Ok, Neil, I understand ...
Maybe some tips, buy a good fast prime too, like the Leica 25mm f1/4, for low light and very good IQ, use raw and develop with DxO Photolab 2, and with good light, don't be afraid using iso100 (it has more DR).
You will be amazed.

Jozef.

Jozef M's gear list:Jozef M's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Canon EOS 30D Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow