Dilemma about upgrading Fuji body

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
x100mark Junior Member • Posts: 28
Dilemma about upgrading Fuji body

Currently have the xt20 and x100f, with the 16mm, 35mm and 56mm. Love my Fuji gear but I would like to upgrade my xt20 for:

- Weather sealing (getting caught in rain is not fun)

- Joystick (d-pad can be a pain to use)

- IBIS (for handholding the 35mm and 56mm in low light / evening / in doors)

- Focus stacking and better bracketing (firmware update is only on xt2)

- Better AF, Dynamic range and ISO is always nice to have

- Dials that lock (too easy to turn settings accidentally)

I'd like an XH2 but as we know this might not even come until 2021. The XH1 is nice but it's $2,000 AUD. The Sony A7III is only $200 more.

The XT3 looks nice but again it is $2,000 and has no IBIS.

I was also thinking about the 16-55mm, for times where I can leave my primes at home and just take 1 lens out. But when I think of the xt3+16-55 or the xh1+16-55 it is roughly the same cost as the A7III+24-70 and Z6+24-70, which is FF.

I would prefer Fuji but right now there isn't a Fuji camera body that I want to upgrade to and the pricing is starting to get close with FF mirrorless, which offers a bit more and most of the things listed above.

Is anyone else in a similar boat?

Maybe i just wait for the XH1 to drop in price (as it's still too high right now)

x100mark's gear list:x100mark's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +1 more
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow