Teach a person to fish . . .

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bathgate
bathgate Senior Member • Posts: 2,304
Teach a person to fish . . .

Hoping some of you who are strong in Photoshop will come to the help of someone who is not . . . and maybe teach me something along the way.  I've got this pano from Mammoth Hot Springs:

I'd like to extend it a bit upward, filling in with more of the gray background without altering the cascades of the springs.  There is so little to work with above the narrowest band just to the right of middle top that I haven't been able to do anything with it.

I'd appreciate it if someone here can not just do it for me but tell/show me how it can be done.  As with all things Photoshop, I expect that there's more than one way to do this so I'm interested also in seeing the various methods to help me understand what works best.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.  I have the image available as a DNG file that I could put in DropBox but it is massive, as you might expect.

bathgate's gear list:bathgate's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow