Auto Settings in XT3 Producing Darker Images than Auto Settings in X100T

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Alan R NYC New Member • Posts: 1
Auto Settings in XT3 Producing Darker Images than Auto Settings in X100T

After owning a Fuji X100T for 4 years I just purchased a Fuji XT3.

I have noticed that during the day images from Fuji XT3 are substantially more detailed than X100T. But sometimes shadows seem to lack detail. At dusk or in lower light conditions image quality of the XT3 is dark, the camera seems to set the ISO too low.

This evening I took my X100T and the XT3 into Central Park to photograph a lake . as the sun went down. Both cameras were set to auto aperture, ISO and shutter.

Even when it was bright it seemed that the XT3 would set the ISO at a lower level. For instance I shot sun shining in a building and the XT3 had an ISO of 160 While the X100T had it at about 400.

As it got darker this discrepency increased with the photos of the XT3 getting much darker compared to the X100T. Eventually, I took a photo using the X100T of the lake, and when I saw the quality and exposure were good I entered identical settings into the XT3 and took a photo. The results were identical.

So I have to conclude that XT3 is not calculating the right ISO and perhaps other settings when everything is set to AUTO.

Does anyone have any idea how to correct this? I purchased the camera two weeks ago so if it is defective I need to return it to B&H. But my guess is that there is an issue with the settings.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Alan

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow