Bought into Panasonic

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
spschneer Junior Member • Posts: 46
Re: Bought into Panasonic

Chalk up another one...I sold my Nikon D7200(DX-APS-c), 18-300, 35-f/1.8. Nikkors and got a G9 with 25/1.7 for starters.  I am in the process of getting a Panasonic 14-140 for my walk-around lens. I mainly shoot when on travels so the longer zoom range allows me to carry just one lens instead of several. My main reason was the weight and bulk of the Nikon and lenses.  The Panasonic is a lot smaller and lighter to carry around.

I am thinking of a wide-angle (7-18?) as a building interior lens.  I had a Tokina 11-16 for my Nikon and really liked its perspective on travels to historic buildings (castles, forts, etc).  I could get a really wide view while still being rectilinear.  I am looking for something similar in the M4/3 world (suggestions welcome).

Any suggestions welcome for alternative manuals/learning sources also...The Panasonic manuals are a bit "terse"...I learn better with an example or two...

S

spschneer's gear list:spschneer's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F600 EXR Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow