Camera shopping: Panasonic GX85 is so close...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Albert Nurick Junior Member • Posts: 34
Camera shopping: Panasonic GX85 is so close...

I'm looking for a small, do-everything camera to replace my Nikon D7000, which doesn't get much use due to its size. Primary uses include:

Food photos (for my TWTX.co website) in available light

Website photos for client websites, typically business interiors in available light.

Travel photography

Portraits

Video recording (YouTube vlogging)

Basically, I'm looking for a camera that's adept at both still and video work, is compact, works well in low light, and is affordable.

(I'm embarrassed to say that my iPhone has become my primary camera, due to the convenience of always having it with me.)

I'm leaning toward the GX85, but it is missing one key feature - the ability to connect an external mic for video recording. I'm also considering the Sony a6400, but the lack of in-body stabilization seems like a big omission at the (higher) price point.

Are there other reasonably inexpensive, compact mirrorless cameras that do what the GX85 does, but also supports an external microphone?

-- hide signature --

Albert Nurick
albert@nurick.com
http://www.nurick.com

Nikon D7000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Sony a6400
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow