Canon M50 vs 80D natural and better green

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Ben Herrmann
Ben Herrmann Forum Pro • Posts: 20,577
Suggestions are a very subjective thing...

As you well know, we all use our cameras differently.  Some shoot in JPG only and thus try to set their cameras for the best settings - but then that begs the question, "what are the best settings?"

Others (like myself) tend to shoot in RAW file format only, so we have more dynamic headroom (and adjustability) to our files.

For example - here are some M50 photos taken over the last year - taken with the either the 15-45 or the 18-150 lenses.

Tell me what you think of the color tonality of these images.  But keep in mind the following:

I always save my images in the expanded palette Adobe RGB color profile.  But where issues can arise is that if your monitor cannot handle the expanded color profile - because then the colors will appear muted (or kind of lack-luster).  On monitors that can display expanded color palettes, or have browsers that can handle the expanded color profiles, you'll see the colors as they were meant to be seen.

M50 with the 18-150 (at the full 150 MM which is equivalent to 240 MM focal reach)

15-45 kit lens

15-45 kit lens

15-45 kit lens

18-150 lens at 100 MM

-- hide signature --

Have a great day...
Bernd ("Ben") Herrmann
Fuquay Varina, North Carolina USA

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Fujifilm X20 Samsung EX2F Fujifilm X30 Panasonic FZ1000 +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow