Bought the first Fuji X100 again!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LaFonte Senior Member • Posts: 2,864
Bought the first Fuji X100 again!

Over the years I had x100, then x100s, then x100t, sold all of them. I never got attached to the newer models, but I regret selling the first one. I don't know maybe the combination of bayer sensor with low pixel count makes the images and especially portraits somehow pop, it removes unnecessary details, it is great for travel, I don't know what makes it special, but it is. The new models have all the bells and whistles, the old one has a character...

Spotted yesterday one for sale in great condition for 35000 yen in used store, looked at the serial starts with 24 which is the last production of x100 - and hopefully the most bug free. I had to take it! For additional 2000 Yen I've even got an aluminum cage and grip for it.

You know what, the focusing may feel slower than my X-t1, but actually not as slow as I remember it being when I first got it ... funny how things go when done in reverse.

At that time in 2012 I was coming out of DSLR and the x100 focusing felt slow like molasses. But now after years of using mirrorless, the X100 doesn't actually feel that horribly slow in comparison. Yep it sometimes misses the focus or hunts a bit, but so do some of my newer cameras. But it does makes taking images a bit more special.

LaFonte's gear list:LaFonte's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-H1 +2 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow