M5/M6 II might sport IBIS afterall?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RLight Contributing Member • Posts: 911
M5/M6 II might sport IBIS afterall?

https://www.canonrumors.com/ibis-is-coming-to-select-next-generation-canon-dslrs-cr2/

I've said it before, odds are the M5 / M6 II won't be IBIS this round because Canon likes to re-use sensors between the DSLRs and mirrorless like they have ala the T5i / EOS M, SL1 / EOS M2/M10, T6i/EOS M3, 80D/EOS M5/6/100/50 to be cost effective and there was no rumors at that time when I made the statement that IBIS was coming to a DSLR...

However, if Canon intends to bring IBIS to the 90D per the latest rumor, that means the M5/6 II as a side benefit get it as well, probably (be weird if they didn't).

I suddenly think IBIS is now pretty likely. This may also explain why we've now seen the EOS RP, G7X III, G5X II but not the EOS M5 II, EOS M6 II and 90D yet as all of these were published / leaked by NK late last year but haven't come to fruition yet... Canon may have delayed launch until they could produce an IBIS APS-C sensor to go with their APS-C launches; I think they're right as the bar has been raised lately with competition. It's not enough to just have 4K with no crop, that'll put them on par with the A6300, they need 4K with no crop AND IBIS to match the A6500, which you gotta know Sony is doing an A6700 later this month, probably.

Yay, about time.

RLight's gear list:RLight's gear list
Canon G1 X III Canon EOS R Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon 70-300 F4-5.6 IS II Canon RF 28-70mm F2L USM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow