Just got a Z7 to complement my D850. Initial expressions:

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Tailslol Junior Member • Posts: 47
Re: Just got a Z7 to complement my D850. Initial expressions:

Update: Just shot a baby crow jumping around for an hour and for a bird that's not flying I found Z7 to be ok at capturing in focus shots. 24-70 F4S was the lens. I didn't try my F mount glass on Z7 yet. One big advantage of the Z was over D850 was that since the crow is black and the environment was quite bright, the matrix metering most of the time renders the crow too dark. It was good to be able to judge whether I'm getting enough feather details or not directly in the EVF while shooting. With D850 I'd have to shoot and check constantly in a high contrast situation like that. To make things easier I put Exposure Compensation on the focus ring.

Today I'll take a photography trip to near the coastline and try to shoot some BIF with Z7, using 70-200FL and 500PF. I'll post my findings tomorrow.

Here's one decent picture from yesterdays crow shoot. This little guy just wouldn't stop for even a split second, he was moving all around the place and picking up litter trying to eat it, 2 months old. : )
I didn't crop the feet, they are just not there in the picture.

Tailslol's gear list:Tailslol's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow