sigma 85 vs samsung 85?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Soliloquy New Member • Posts: 3
sigma 85 vs samsung 85?

I've been shooting Pentax for the last decade. Has been great, and I'm not fully moving away from it. However, I was craving a 135mm f1.8, which isn't available on the Pentax system in autofocus (at least not in modern lenses), so I picked up the Sony A7rII second handed, and saving up for the Sigma 135mm and will pick it up once I can sell some of my Pentax gear that I'm not using.
While selling Pentax gear, I realized that Samyang has the 85mm autofocus that is being reviewed really favorably. It is lighter than my K Mount Sigma 85 mm too. IF I am to sell my sigma 85 for Pentax, would it make sense for me to pick up the Samyang for Sony instead?

Has anyone tried these two lenses? Aside from the weight, and that Samyang doesn't have the distance measures on their lenses, I dont see much reasons to stick to the Sigma.

I only do stills, so I know samyang isn't the best with video, but that is irrelevant for me.

curious what your thoughts are on these two lenses.

I primarily use my Pentax for travel, night sky, landscapes, and portraits, where as my Sony will be used specifically towards portraits.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow