How on Earth is everyone so comfortable with touch+drag af?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Timedog Junior Member • Posts: 40
How on Earth is everyone so comfortable with touch+drag af?

I've had the EOS R since a month after launch and somehow I STILL can't set it up in a way that is ergonomically good. Most of my issues stem from touch and drag AF.

1. If I use full screen touch and drag in absolute mode I can't hold the camera in the traditional way most hold a DSLR with larger lenses (my left hand on the bottom of the lens). My right thumb obviously isn't long enough to reach the entire screen. I have to hold it weird so that both thumbs can access each side of the screen.

2. If I use full screen relative mode the ad cursor drags around way too slow for me to get images quickly.

3. If I use a right quadrant in relative mode the cursor still drags around way too slowly.

4. If I use a right quadrant in absolute mode my thumb isn't long enough to reach the left edge of the AF area comfortably. I'm 6'5" with larger hands than most!

All of this would be moot if there were a sensitivity setting for relative mode to adjust the speed of the cursor, like every mouse-like interface made in the last 20 years has. There must be something I'm not getting, because everyone seems to like touch and drag and I never see complaints about this, and if no one's complaining it'll never get the EASY "sensivity" fix that would solve the issue.

What am I missing?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow