Having second thoughts about 7D Mark II...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Manny Filmmaker New Member • Posts: 5
Having second thoughts about 7D Mark II...

Hi team, I'm coming from MFT/M43 world. I have the Panasonic GX85 and G85. Recently, I got into bird photography and got the 7D Mark II for BIF. However, I'm wondering if I bit off more than I can chew. I got the 7D MK II today and I took some photos. I was really impressed with the FAST shutter speed at 10 FPS. The camera just flies! However... then I was testing out Sigma 18-35mm inside the house. To be honest, I was not that impressed w/ the 18-35 photos compared to the G85 with 18-35 (with a speedbooster).

Anyway, now I'm wondering if I made a mistake purchasing the 7D Mark II. Of course it's difficult for me to shoot BIF with the G85, but I feel it's great at everything else, including video.

I'm probably overlooking a lot of things like the durability in harsh conditions... I'm also not a DSLR shooter and miss the EVF to be honest.

Here are the reasons I purchased the 7D MK II:

• I have four existing EF lenses
  • BIF
  • Kids portraits in APSC (vs. M43)
  • Possible kids sports photography (in the future)
  • It's a professional camera

I know asking for opinions may just confuse me even more so I won't. But I'm curious why others got the 7D Mark II? What needs does it meet for you?

Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow