Where Is the Camera Industry Headed In this Ridiculous Resolution War?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Batdude
OP Batdude Senior Member • Posts: 4,073
Re: Where Is the Camera Industry Headed In this Ridiculous Resolution War?

michaeladawson wrote:

Batdude wrote:

Where, how and why did this resolution thing start to begin with?

It began with the introduction of the first digital camera. Actually, that's wrong. It began with the introduction of film. Even film advanced with the production of finer grain film with finer grain development processes.

I mean, who on earth needs so much resolution??? I am going to guess that only a few photographers need such cameras. I certainly don't. Most of the stuff I do is for people to post it on facebook for them to post and view their photos on a phone. Simple as that.

Then don't buy the higher resolution cameras.

I have shot thousands and thousands of high quality photos with my 16MP cameras and so far nobody has require that I use a high resolution camera. Like I said, I am sure there are other fields where high res images are needed and that's totally cool with me.

If you agree with that then someone has to make those cameras. Who's it gonna be?

I'm not happy regarding where the camera industry is heading why?

It's not heading anywhere new.

Oh but it is.  From all the new cameras I have used the output is just too darn neat and I cannot make my photos look like what I get out of my XT1 and D4.  Whenever I have tried doing what I do the skin on people gets destroyed and it looks really bad.

Yeah I can simply select the lower resolution file size setting in the camera, but still, what's the point?

Well, if it's as simple as you selecting a lower resolution file size then do it. Let others have their high resolution. Isn't that the point?

No.  The point is that for one, my pictures will look like everyone else's and I want to be able to keep that look I get out of the 16MP sensors.  I want to stay different.

Like I said to someone else, I will continue using what I have but eventually this stuff will go bad and there won't be parts for it either.  Believe me that I do want to get something much newer and eventually I will, but my wife and I do agree that the "look" is very different and we have noticed that.

That saturation that I was talking about, I did not get it out of my XH1 compared to everything else that I have used from Fuji.  The same color tones are simply not there, in jpeg or RAW and I don't think that has anything to do with Adobe.  But that's an entire different subject all together

Either way I do realize that it is what it is and sooner or later I will have to move on no matter what but since I'm trying to do my own thing in "my own style" then I feel like I will get screwed

Are sensors with less resolution with bigger pixels really gone forever and are we never again going to get those gorgeous saturated looking pictures? I mean a reasonable amount of resolution is fine with me I have no beef with that but man I think this is getting way our of hand and I find all this ridiculous.

We should all be held to your definition of "reasonable amount of resolution?"

Batdude's gear list:Batdude's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
gsz
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow