A follow up on my repaired 30-110

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Paul Pasco
Paul Pasco Veteran Member • Posts: 7,384
A follow up on my repaired 30-110

I had started a thread wondering if a CX lens with an aperture unit issue could be made into a fixed (wide open) aperture lens. On a gamble I sent my lens to Tony at TC Camera repair and he agreed to dig in for his basic fee and see what could be done. In my case the blind that closes when the lens is powered down was torn at the pivot point and apparently this some times hung up and caused the aperture to malfunction. Of course in order to get to where the problem was he had to dig way down into the lens and since I didn’t want to spend money on parts we agreed that the blind would be removed. He cautioned me that I would have to be careful not to point the lens toward the sun for any length of time lest I burn a hole in something inside. So now I have a functioning lens with operating aperture but no blind. Tony honored his estimate with me but said he would probably want more to perform this tear down on the same lens again so I would say in the case of the 30-110 you are just as well off buying a used one. They are available used for about $85.

The good  news in all of this is that Tony is a great guy with many years of experience and I will not hesitate to send repair work his way.

-- hide signature --

Regards, Paul
Lili's Dad

Paul Pasco's gear list:Paul Pasco's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 Nikon D50 Nikon D3 Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 +20 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow