Thinking of selling my P900 and using my D7500 for birds.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tsinvest Senior Member • Posts: 1,158
Thinking of selling my P900 and using my D7500 for birds.

After getting really good bird photos with my D7500 with the 70-300mm lens that came with it I was thinking of selling my P900.  Most of my shots are under 300mm and the D7500 with that lens produces better shots with more detail than the P900.  I think it has to do with the small sensor on the P900.  I also have a Canon Powershot GX7 MII which I use when I don’t want to carry my D7500 with me.  I was toying with getting a Sigma or Tamron 150-600mm lens however the weight of that lens is holding me back.

So basically it comes down to keeping all 3 cameras or selling the P900 and just using the D7500 and the Canon GX7 MII.  With the way cameras depreciate I rather sell it now than later if I decide to sell it at all.

Appreciate any thoughts regarding this.  Always helps to get other opinions.

Thank you

-- hide signature --

My best, Tom

tsinvest's gear list:tsinvest's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Canon G7 X II Nikon D80 Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +11 more
Nikon Coolpix P900 Nikon D7500 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow