Where Is the Camera Industry Headed In this Ridiculous Resolution War?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Truman Prevatt
Truman Prevatt Veteran Member • Posts: 9,305
Re: Where Is the Camera Industry Headed In this Ridiculous Resolution War?

Batdude wrote:

Todd Jones wrote:

biza43 wrote:

Todd Jones wrote:

biza43 wrote:

Many photographers have clients that require high resolutions. It has been like that for decades, where we had film sizes from 35mm to large format.

For what end result is that mp needed or could they be caught up by by the mp race, please explain or show that need in use? Thanks

I know a couple of professional photogs in Portugal (my country) that need high res for what they do. They typically shoot fashion, corporate, studio, some also landscape. After all, high res today is about the same thing why folks used to shoot MF and LF in the past.

Worldwide, there are many others.

Right, a couple. And worldwide a tiny percentage (that's a guess that I'm pretty comfortable making).

im pretty sure it is a very tiny % and like I said, I’m sure there are specific fields where high res files are required by an employer, assuming that they ALSO know what they are doing or asking for, but yeah the majority of people on our planet do not need high res pictures.

i met some gentlemen the other day that hired me to photo shoot an event and he bought a Sony A7RIII recently and when I asked him how he liked it he said “oh God I love it”.

I honestly don’t exactly know what he does with his pictures but I do know he is not a professional photographer and he doesn’t do paid jobs. He is kind of like a model and what I do know is that whatever pictures he or someone else takes of him all he does is post his photos on Facebook for social media stuff and I know that what all these people do is look at aaaalllll these stuff on their cell phones. That’s the darn truth.

You don't want to pay for the F1 engine in your daily commuter but you want the technology that is learned from F1 like safety, handling, new materials.

But a 4 or 6 cylinder in my car is perfect but I'd LIKE to have the other new technology that I can actually use with my 4 cylinder car. And I'm going to make another comfortable guess, that most photographers don't need it at all even if they think they do.

Obviously someone has not heard that "he who dies with the most and biggest toys wins!"

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
gsz
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow