After 4 years, I'm back

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP GeraldW Veteran Member • Posts: 8,514
Re: After 4 years, I'm back

Yes, if you get all caught up in the numbers and features it's easy to see the grass is greener in the other fellow's yard.  My first Canon SLR was the Elan 7n.  A nice enough camera; but the Nikon N80 was actually a better camera.  However, once into DSLR's, it seemed Nikon had lost their way.  At that point I was sold on Canons and got the 20D.

I'm in my 80's now, and we're not traveling nearly as much.  It was our cruises and land trips that got me to buy the FZ1000, as it was lighter and a lot more compact than a 70D kit with a couple of lenses.  But even that was getting a little bulky and heavy; so I went to a Canon G7X II, and a Panasonic FZ200 if I needed a long lens.  It was actually the flash that brought me back.

The Canon stuff wins on color and a much wider range Auto White Balance.  The Nikon D90 was particularly bad at getting the WB right, and that spoiled a number of shots for me..  I think too much is made of the number of pixels these days.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

GeraldW's gear list:GeraldW's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon PowerShot G15 Canon G7 X II Canon EOS 70D
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow