Where Is the Camera Industry Headed In this Ridiculous Resolution War?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
jjz2 Senior Member • Posts: 1,126
Re: Where Is the Camera Industry Headed In this Ridiculous Resolution War?

Wildabobalore wrote:

NottsPhoto wrote:

you hold a very negative view of your generations offspring. It’s not accurate in my experience.

Of course the manager of b and h told you that btw... he’s a sales guy and he plays to your prejudices...

but go away and do some research. This idea that millennials are feckless idiots is a gross misconception of the truth. They are the product of the world you created, no more no less, and they are neither less no more feckless than previous generations, but they are stuck with a far worse level of affordability for major assets such as homes, than the boomers, and far less job security.

Thank you for being a voice of reason in this thread. I too live in the US and the only photographers I see running around with the latest and greatest and $5000 worth of lenses are boomers. Millenials I know can barely upgrade from their 4+ year old Rebel DSLRS to even consider which brand new MILC is going to be worth $2000+ of their hard earned money.

The DPR forums are the absolute perfect example of this. There are daily threads of boomers asking whether they should spend $15k on which system because they have to have the newest and greatest AF and the newest and fasted holy trinity for each system.

This is my observation as well. I've never once seen a millennial with a Leica either, it's always been a boomer. every single time.

jjz2's gear list:jjz2's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 7artisans 35mm F1.2 Fujifilm 15-45mm F3.5-5.6 OIS PZ
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
gsz
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow