After 4 years, I'm back

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GeraldW Veteran Member • Posts: 8,488
After 4 years, I'm back

Four years ago, I sold my 70D and lenses and made do with a Panasonic FZ1000.  However, in spite of having the ability to use its built-in flash as the commander for off camera remote flashes,  it never measured up in portrait and group shots with a pair of older Olympus FL36R flashes.  That's a fairly important activity for me and the extended family.

And so, I have sold the FZ1000 and flashes and ordered a clean used 70D with the 18-135 STM kit lens, and a single 430EX II flash.  That's a start on rebuilding my DSLR system.  A second flash and at least two more lenses are on my list.

Why not a mirrorless?  Well, the FZ1000 and all my P&S models are mirrorless; they just don't have interchangeable lenses.

A brief pause here, FedEx just delivered my camera.  I looked it over, and it is very clean, and while the battery is charging, I'll finish this.  To tell the truth, I missed having a DSLR.  I've had a film SLR from 1967 until 2005, and moved into a DSLR with a 20D in 2005 or 2006.  I've had Nikons (a D90, hated it); Sony (an SLT-57, hated that); and keep coming back to Canons.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

GeraldW's gear list:GeraldW's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon PowerShot G15 Canon G7 X II Canon EOS 70D
Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 70D Nikon D90 Panasonic FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow