What I think the Sigma FP indicates

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dbateman Regular Member • Posts: 409
What I think the Sigma FP indicates

I am really impressed with Sigma to design and release the smallest 135 digital camera to date.

But now that the dust has settled. I think I know what the FP may mean.

1. The UV/IR stack is on the FP sensor. There is no easy pop out dust block filter on this camera. This for me is bad news as I like full spectrum photography. But what it may indicate is that the L-mount is too short to support an easy pop out filter and the future Foveon camera may have on sensor blocking. That is really bad news if true and would be hard to consider the FFF camera as people seem to be calling it here.

2. The future Foveon camera will not have video. Its been hard in the past to implement it and the FP may be Sigma's answer to video. You need video, buy our 12bit FP video camera.

3. The future Foveon camera will be big. This is a good thing. I would like it the size of the Panasonic S1, but less heavy. A larger body is needed to cool the sensor. Sigma has clearly been working on sensor cooling. As evident with the novel FP cooling area. You want a smaller camera, buy our FP its the smallest.

Just my thoughts.

dbateman's gear list:dbateman's gear list
Olympus E-3 +1 more
FinePix S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow