Where Is the Camera Industry Headed In this Ridiculous Resolution War?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Todd Jones
Todd Jones Senior Member • Posts: 1,446
Re: You don't like it, so it's wrong

Old Ricoh User wrote:

Todd Jones wrote:

GodSpeaks wrote:

Good argument... NOT.

You do not need/want the resolution, so don't buy the camera and ignore all the (over)hype. The hype is also known as marketing.

Just buy/use what YOU need for a camera and don't worry about what others are doing/using. Only someone who is very insecure would be worrying about any of this.

What are you going to do when Nikon and Canon announce their new 60+MP FF DSLR and/or mirrorless camera? How did you react when Fuji announced their 100MP GFX?

Probably same way I did, "boy I wish they would put that money that they put into the megapixels on that sensor and use it for better autofocus, smaller camera size, lighter camera, longer battery life, better viewfinder, etc because I'm not in the billboard industry".

But I do have a 30 x 20 image on my wall from a 12mp D700 printed on aluminum that has tons of detail even very close.

It's all needs and wants and they are different for everyone. Some of us would just rather have the money go into other camera body features or improvements.

The problem is that these gear heads set a dangerous precedence by continuously buying the latest spec camera. In return the manufactures produce cameras the are a jack of all trades but master of none. They feed off of amateurs insecurities.

Well I don't know if I'd go that far because I've been bitten by the bug before myself (Nikon D700 to D800 because I remember the "library" shot where you could zoom and zoom and zoom in on that photo). Advertising and marketing is a formidable adversary!

-- hide signature --

Todd
I'm His, John 6:44

Todd Jones's gear list:Todd Jones's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
gsz
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow