In Praise of Olympus Service

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mikero Contributing Member • Posts: 946
In Praise of Olympus Service

While on Skomer a couple of weeks back I tripped over a rabbit hole and fell down, lens hood first.  (300mm PRO).  This resulted in the plastic ring at the front of the hood breaking off, though no other obvious damage except to my knee and pride.

On getting back from Skomer I went onto the Olympus website to try and order a new plastic ring to do the repair myself - it shouldn't cost more than 10p should it.

I was advised to send the lens in for repair and checking out, which I did with some reluctance as the damage was minor and I was nervous of large bills.

Anyway, I've just got the lens back, mended, cleaned, checked out, and with a complementary lens cloth.  And astonishingly, no charge, not even postage, even though I owned up to dropping it.  Hats off to Olympus.

Mike

PS  Not wanting to make a political point about Brexit, but the repair was actually done in Portugal, which surprised me somewhat.

mikero's gear list:mikero's gear list
Sony a6000 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow