Travel camera feedback (LX7 vs LX100 II vs Fuji X70)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP eidetic_photog Forum Member • Posts: 98
Re: Travel camera feedback (LX7 vs LX100 II vs Fuji X70)

grsnovi wrote:

Maybe you need to ask yourself: "Am I just struggling with a bout of G.A.S.?" I know I am...

Like you, I'm headed out on a trip. Like you, I have a perfectly good larger rig with a lot of glass. Like you I also have a great small camera.

My most recent exposure to cameras started with the LX7 which was purchased for me to use at work. When the LX100 came out, I bought one for myself and find that I typically take that with me when my wife and I travel (she takes the Olympus Tough). I usually end up thinking to myself that the 70mm on the LX100 just isn't enough reach but I also end up pretty happy with the shots I end up with one they're printed.

You have both a large and small rig - you have the spectrum covered. What is it that you feel you'd gain by adding yet another into the mix?

I definitely struggle with G.A.S. Just ask my wife.

I also suffer from FOMO, more specifically fear of missing out on a once in a lifetime shot because I am either 1) not carrying a camera other than my phone or 2) not carrying a camera that is "good enough" for that shot. I know that it is unnecessary, especially as a hobbyist, but that is an issue for me.

eidetic_photog's gear list:eidetic_photog's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow