Auto ISO with the M5/M50 - how are you coping with the limited adjustability??

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
rz64 Regular Member • Posts: 152
Re: Auto ISO with the M5/M50 - how are you coping with the limited adjustability??

thunder storm wrote:

rz64 wrote:

thunder storm wrote:

dave_bass5 wrote:

Cant agree that an auto feature, or lack of, is a crippling situation. What on earth did people do before Auto ISO?

What on earth did people do without digital sensors?

What on earth did people do without autofocus?

What on earth did people do without ettl?

What on earth did people do without electric flashes?

What on earth did people do if they needed a photo without phones?

And hey, if you want a picture, why not draw or paint it yourself? You can't cripple a camera at all as a camera is an automatic feature as a whole.

What on earth did people do without a feather quill pen?

With your logic you'll end up with uncrippled tools producing petroglyphs in stead of jpeg's. It's fine. It's the rock carver, not the carving tool making good images.

Why are you so upset?

Why do you think i am upset? I am not.

But it is better to accept different opinions, that's what this forum is for.

I perfectly accept dave_bass5s opinion, as he did perfectly accept the opinion of the OP about if the auto-ISO implementation of M cameras was crippling or not. We are just debating here, that's all. Don't take it too seriously. Just debating, that's all.

Maybe you are right and I take it too seriously. But in nowaday forums I think it is sometimes better to slow down than it is to heat up. Especially in case of 'thunder' and 'storm'.......

rz64's gear list:rz64's gear list
Canon EOS M6 Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Canon EF-M 15-45mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM Canon EF-M 32mm F1.4
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow