Decided to order the Fuji XT2 !

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
wats0n Regular Member • Posts: 110
Decided to order the Fuji XT2 !

Ok, I have flip flopped more than a flop flipper could flip. I have the XT20 and the biggest selling point for me with Fuji is the image quality and lens selection. I am not in love with the XT20. Having big hands I find it cramped. The viewfinder is also tiny.

My first thought was to go back my roots, Canon. I picked up the RP and spent a few days with it before returning it. I am not going to bash Canon because I love the company despite all the hate. I had the itch for FF, but in the end I just didn't see much in between the two systems and after driving my kids nuts with one test after another I concluded that the crop sensor in my XT20 was delivering the better result - especially so in terms of color and tones (though Canon does a better job with reds). That being said I greatly preferred Canon's menu system, touch implementation, swivel screen and wifi implementation which were all rock solid.

So looking hard at the Fuji XT2 seemed to be a no brainier: pro quality features (weather sealing, big viewfinder, dual card slots, battery grip option) for $799. I can't touch that in any other system. I have agonized over this decision, but at least I got the FF itch off my back. I don't know Fuji does it, but they really managed to narrow the gap between FF and crop, heck even between my Fuji 35 f2 and the Canon 50 1.4, the DOF differences were not night and day as one would expect.

Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow