Auto ISO with the M5/M50 - how are you coping with the limited adjustability??

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
casey1823 Contributing Member • Posts: 518
Re: Auto ISO with the M5/M50 - how are you coping with the limited adjustability??

thunder storm wrote:

dpeete wrote:

The M6 has dual control dials, so it is much easier to use M mode. That might explain some of the differences in opinion with the M50 users.

I have that too on my 70D, but it doesn't change my opinion about this.

I'm not upset with the discussion either. People are looking to set it, and forget it, camera settings.

If you don't want to take a second to adjust the camera accordingly to the condition then why don't you just set the camera to auto?

I use M with auto ISO 90% of the time.

The other 10%? I use A mode. When? Outside in good light. With good light, set to A  the camera will normally able to produce good results. (I do use EC)

I think "Thunder storm" point is if you want to take better pictures then learn how to use the camera. Before even taking a picture, think about what type of light your working with.

Do I need to shoot in M or A? Once you start thinking about this and actually changing the camera to the conditions it will become second nature, the more you do this the faster you'll get.

It's ok if you don't want to shoot like this, this is just my method. It works great for me.

casey

casey1823's gear list:casey1823's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow