Where Is the Camera Industry Headed In this Ridiculous Resolution War?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Sal Baker Forum Pro • Posts: 11,470
Re: Where Is the Camera Industry Headed In this Ridiculous Resolution War?

Rob-in-Alberta wrote:

Old Ricoh User wrote:

NottsPhoto wrote:

The Old Ricoh User wrote:

NottsPhoto wrote:

Old Ricoh User wrote:

NottsPhoto wrote:

Old Ricoh User wrote:

NottsPhoto wrote:

Old Ricoh User wrote:

NottsPhoto wrote:

Old Ricoh User wrote:

NottsPhoto wrote:

Old Ricoh User wrote:

Batdude wrote:

Are sensors with less resolution with bigger pixels really gone forever

I more than understand what you are saying. We live in a world with a mostly insecure Millenial generation that aways needs the last and greatest with larger numbers. You don't have to look any farther the current smartphone situation. No way are the masses going to be caught holding last year's phone number. As for the camera gear heads it's an addiction that they can't stop. They never get to know their current camera before trading up. But for people like us there will always lots of discarded older used models. I have friends that search for specific camera models not only because the liked using it but because of cohesion in their work. They grab up Nikon D300, Ricoh GRD1, Leica M9, and numerous others made in the mid 2000s. Use what you like and screw the camera market.

It’s not the millennials buying this stuff, it’s the boomers. The millennials can’t afford it.

why do folks always blame them?

Because that's who I see walking around with the latest gear, that's who the camera store owners are telling me who is buying it, and most of the boomers I see walking around New York City and Philadelphia are either still using film or using 5+ year old gear.

e

too busy paying off their mortgages and saving for their retirement.

Well this right here tells me you're not in the U.S.

People don’t have mortgages outside of the U.K.?

Up to 40% of that generation either never left home or moved back in some cities. Outside of those they mostly rent. Sounds like they're much more responsible in the UK.

exactly. How do you think they can afford all these new cameras, when they can’t even afford a new home??

Most can't because they can't control their spending or saddle themselves with college loans they have no idea how they'll pay off. Most have a strange sense on what they deserve instead of earning. In the end they ARE the ones that I see with the latest gear. Even a manager at B&H told me this.

you hold a very negative view of your generations offspring. It’s not accurate in my experience.

Of course the manager of b and h told you that btw... he’s a sales guy and he plays to your prejudices...

but go away and do some research. This idea that millennials are feckless idiots is a gross misconception of the truth. They are the product of the world you created, no more no less, and they are neither less no more feckless than previous generations, but they are stuck with a far worse level of affordability for major assets such as homes, than the boomers, and far less job security.

One the vast majority are not offspring from my generation. Two you don't even know what generation I'm from. Third thanks for the good laugh. The jobless rate is at it's lowest levels in decades. The mortgage are nearing their all time low unlike the 18% of the 1980s. The vast majority of their non-existent real life problems was created by them. As for B&H, I've known the manager for 15 years and as an adult he doesn't play childish games.

He sells cameras at b and h. He’s not the messiah.

I despair at how people cast aspirations around about millennials... but I guess everyone needs someone to blame, and now that racism is pretty much a no no, You might as well blame those pesky kids.

Though I fail to see how that’s any different mind.

“The vast majority of their non-existent real life problems was created by them.“

Amazing how sometimes we fail to see the hypocrisy of what we believe.

Sounds like you have some growing up to do yourself. Now go away and consider yourself on ignore. Bye, bye.

“People try to pu-pu-put us down...just because we get around”

I think Taylor swift wrote that for the millennials that just want a damn Sony A7RIV

That was written in 1996 by The Who.

Sal

Sal Baker's gear list:Sal Baker's gear list
Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T100 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
gsz
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow