Tammy & Sigma?

Started Jul 14, 2019 | Discussions thread
Handiworks
OP Handiworks Regular Member • Posts: 390
Re: Tammy & Sigma?

Brev00 wrote:

The insufficient response from Tamron is very disappointing to me. I recently bought the 100-400 and love it. Don't want to get rid of it. So, this leads me to pause on buying a Z camera more than it makes me want to sell my Tamron lens. I don't entirely blame Tamron for this. Nikon has decided to stay with their policy of not sharing mount information. Sony, on the other hand, readily does so third party companies are very actively producing lenses for the E mount. I also don't know exactly what Tamron means by focusing on G2 lenses. Plenty of lenses created in the newest generation are the first ones ever made. Such as the 100-400 and the 35 1.8. The G2 lenses are mostly restricted to the trinity: 15-30, 24-70, 70-200. Then, also the 150-600. Does Tamron mean specifically the G2 lenses or all of the lenses that are compatible with the tap-in console? I will continue to wait to buy a Z camera. See how the dust clears. I do own the Sigma 24 1.4 and the 14-24 so would not be completely shut out from using my newest lenses. I also am thinking that, when I move to a Z camera, I will also want to use native Z mount lenses and will eventually sell most of my F mount kit. Waiting makes sense for me also because there are so few z mount lenses available right now. David Byrne sang. "Patience is a virtue but I haven't got the time." I still believe that I have at least some time.

That really is a shame, I just looked up some of their non G2 lenses and there seem to be some gems there, especially when the used market price-point is in focus.

Somewhat understandable with a new mount & system... but why is Sigma not having any issues... newer lenses?

~C

-- hide signature --

Researching all MILC Systems, Olympus OMD-EM1, & some other bits.
"The present is the only place where time touches eternity" C.S. Lewis

Handiworks's gear list:Handiworks's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow