Cheap reach

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
cosmicnode Veteran Member • Posts: 3,803
Re: Cheap reach

olindacat wrote:

cosmicnode wrote:

olindacat wrote:

cosmicnode wrote:

3 photo's, 3 lenses, 200-400, 70-300 and 200-500. the 200-400 is now sold. too big and heavy. with only the advantage of the faster aperture.

Thanks for the comparison. Is it me or is image #1 the sharpest? That was shot wide open, right? Are all three cars running at similar speeds? Over 100mph, eh? My takeaway is the second and third seem a bit out of focus at 100%, but that may be the speed of vehicle? I'm sure you have these tuned as well as possible? Very helpful thanks.

I think you will find that No1 is the least sharp despite being shot at 1/2500 sec when the other 2 are shot at a much slower speed, 1/320sec and 1/400sec, I shoot at slower speeds to give the impression of motion and the images are not always sharp due to the panning movement changing focus from front to rear as a car turns.

This is shot at a much higher shutter speed.

All killer shots! I was just using the loupe, which I've never seen on this site. I see a lot of 200-500 threads in this section, so am learning more about it. I'm guessing you like the 200-500 the best? Did you change out your hood or collar? Any zoom or QC issues?

I have a IShoot collar for the arca swiss foot and I am getting a metal lens hood. Never had a problem in the 3 years I have owned it , It works as it did when new.

-- hide signature --

Mike.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

cosmicnode's gear list:cosmicnode's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D800 Nikon D500 Olympus E-PL8 +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow