Nikon Z7, permanent black screen in the middle of a shooting

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sbill
sbill Senior Member • Posts: 1,167
Nikon Z7, permanent black screen in the middle of a shooting

Hello,

I tried to look for this issue on the forum, but can't seem to find a similar issue.

I shot a live event this week-end with my Nikon Z7 + adapter + 70-200 2.8 VR I. The lens I know sometimes already with my previous camera would stop autofocussing from time to time. But if I move the Focus ring, then it starts auto focussing again. This might not have any relation with my issue anyway. Although I noticed the same behaviour once with my Z7 already.

Now for the real black screen issue I had this weekend. During a nearly 15 min duration shooting it happened twice that the screen remained completely black in the middle of a fast repeated shooting operation. I don't think it could have happened if I did not shoot in a repeated mode.

Only way to be able to shoot again was to turn off and then back on the camera. If I did not do that, and just tried to press the shutter release button, it would remain on a black screen.

I'm not sure, but I don't think I had the same issue with my Z 24-70 2.8S until now.

I shoot in AF-C, dyn area, RAW files, full resolution, I think slow repeated shots mode, but not sure. I don't remember the value of the auto power off I set. I used third party batterie as well as original Nikon battery with the same effect. The front curtain operation is set to automatic. I shot at speed before 1/100 and 1/800s. In auto iso mode, with a max limitation to 3200.

Did someone already experience something similar? Sorry if the subject was already explained and I missed the information.

Regards,

Bill

sbill's gear list:sbill's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon Z 24-70mm F2.8
Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow