A little EOS R love...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rsmithsd73
rsmithsd73 Regular Member • Posts: 184
A little EOS R love...

I think this is the place to drop a little EOS R love. Just picked up this camera this week, and frankly I think its great. I know all the tech comparisons with Sony yada yada, but this feels like exactly the right camera for me. I'm keeping my 5DIV for wildlife, a few other uses, but I can instantly see the R as my go everywhere travel companion, landscape camera and more. I'm very pleased with the RF 24-105 f/4. I think the ergonomics are great, the touch screen focus works very well. Super customizable. One other thing the EOS R has working against it...it isn't very photogenic. I thought this camera looked so so in online images. However, in your hand, I love the build quality and finishes, and just plain feels great. IQ is what I expected, on par with the 5DIV. The CR3 RAW files were a surprise, but prompted me to do long overdue upgrades to Lightroom, Adobe RAW and even my iOS. I am looking forward to renting some of the killer new RF lenses like the 50 1.2 and the 28-70 f/2. Looking forward to seeing if the year ahead sees a sports oriented R that represents an upgrade for my 5DIV, and those rumored long whites in RF to go with it.

rsmithsd73's gear list:rsmithsd73's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow