Tammy & Sigma?

Started Jul 14, 2019 | Discussions thread
Handiworks
OP Handiworks Regular Member • Posts: 390
Re: Tammy & Sigma?

DDavis1 wrote:

Handiworks wrote:

Aloha from Nodak!

I recently posted a thread on 1st lens recommendations and after doing my own research following your suggestions I came to similar conclusions and will most likely get the kit 24-70 F4, 50 1.8, a used FX 70-300 AFP (or 70-200), and the 14-30 Z at some future sale :).

In checking out DXO in my research there were quite a few Tamron & Sigma lenses which seemed to outperform the Nikkors and at a very reasonable price-point. Specifically the Sigma 24-35mm F2 DG HSM A Nikon, Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8, Tamron SP 15-30mm F/2.8 Di VC USD (Model A012) Nikon, and the Tammy & Sigma 85 Primes.

Are Tamron & Sigma FX mount glass compatible with the FTZ adapter?

If so, what has been your experience with them?

Thanks for the help!

Can't wait to shoot with this amazing camera!

~C

You should also check the Flickr group pages for those said lenses so you can see their rendition. DxO scores alone don't always tell a clear story on how a lens performs. DxO will give a newer lens higher scores than older glass because of overall sharpness or manual vs autofocus.

Also, the Tamron G2 lenses seem to work well with the FTZ adapter. Just be sure to update the G2 firmware to be sure. I have the 24-70 2.8 G2 and all is fine with the Z6 + FTZ adapter.

Great idea!  I've been checking out the dedicated groups on Flickr and 500px for both the Z cameras and the lenses as well...  Seeing what was being shot withe the 24-70 F4 kit lens on the Z6 was one of the main reasons I decided to go the Nikon direction... just beautiful.
~C

-- hide signature --

Researching all MILC Systems, Olympus OMD-EM1, & some other bits.
"The present is the only place where time touches eternity" C.S. Lewis

Handiworks's gear list:Handiworks's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow