^^^ Sense of Place Winners

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
1gregory1 Forum Member • Posts: 95
Re: ^^^ Sense of Place Winners

I  Liked  your idea of  a series of shots  in a defined span of time . It makes the challenge more like a challenge and not just  a search through old files to come up with an image that fits the theme. I did not  like that it was not a specific theme.  It's far more interesting to see  different  interpretations of  one common subject . It  also makes judging easier and more fair. Challenges asking for your best shot of anything have no value. They are fine for a "show us your pics" thread but not a challenge.  I used to participate in challenges in another forum regularly until the camera company went TU and the forum died.    Since joining the Powershot forum  I have participated in few challenges. The biggest killer of mini challenges is crappy  themes. Crappy judging can also play a role . Challenges that last more than a week become a bore. More challenges of shorter duration and interesting themes  might save them but I would be happy just to have a weekly show us your pic this week thread.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow