Cheap reach

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Tord S Eriksson
Tord S Eriksson Forum Pro • Posts: 11,579
Re: Cheap reach

olindacat wrote:

I Tord S Eriksson wrote:

olindacat wrote:

Then if weight is a minor issue, go look for a used Sigma 150-600 Sports!

I actually see one for sale in the NYC area. One thing: I am shooing people playing holes, but also golf course landscapes. I failed to mention that when I cited the dimples. You think the Sigma is good for support and warranty work, etc.? Read mixed reviews on them. Nikon I feel safer with.

Superb support, as far as I'm concerned. Just had an issue, once, and that was fixed in no time (just half an hour after we'd dropped it off they called and said that it was fixed, as no parts had to be sent in from Japan, to their surprise)!

Nice to know. Hmm. Not cheap. 1200. Puts me 60% of the way to the 200-400 f/4. I read that lens not always sharp open at 400. Build great, heavy and oblong. Will see each in person thanks for the great help all!

Up to 550mm absolutely spot on, and sharp. Slightly softer the last 50mm, perhaps.

-- hide signature --

tordseriksson (at) gmail.....
Owner of 1 Canon, 1 Olympus, 1 Pentax, 1 Ricoh, 1 Sony, and a lot of Nikon, cameras.

Tord S Eriksson's gear list:Tord S Eriksson's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Ricoh GR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon 1 V2 +25 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow