Is there a way to boost the internal memory to shoot high-speed for longer periods of time?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SonyintheArctic New Member • Posts: 1
Is there a way to boost the internal memory to shoot high-speed for longer periods of time?

Hi,

I have a Sony A77 and I am keen on shooting marine mammals and I like to have my camera on high-speed for that. I shoot RAW as most pictures made at sea need some tweaking in post-processing and I do not like the noise nor the colours on the Sony JPGs coming from the camera itself.

It works, but often I feel I would need just a little more time than the 2 seconds my camera allows me to keep shooting before it stops to write the pictures the SD card...

I have tried various SD cards all Class 10, varying in speed from 60 to 85 to 180 Mb/s but that does not seem to make any big difference. So I figure that the internal memory and what it can hold might cause the 2 seconds.

Hence I am wondering: is there a way to increase it to minimise my "problem"? If so: could anybody give me some tips and tricks on how to go about that, please? If not: any other suggestions as to what I could do to avoid this "problem"? Thanks!

Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow