Nikkor 35/1.4G not up to high res sensor demands?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
camerosity Senior Member • Posts: 1,604
Re: Nikkor 35/1.4G not up to high res sensor demands?

anotherMike wrote:

You're letting your dislike of me in the forums affect your reading comprehension.

Here's how I judge image quality, which includes resolution: I print. And I look at the print. At normal, not insanely-stupid pixel-peeping close, viewing distances. When I look on screen, it's 100% and never more. No need.

I'm the guy who has done blind print tests to see if the differences on screen equate to differences most people can see on print, and found out, they can. I look at MTF because I'm openly curious if there actually are some objective measures to correlate to what I see subjectively. That's it.

Get off my case and move on.

-m

You're the one making this personal. I was responding to your post, that's all. If you have a personal problem with me, take it out of the forum. Otherwise, keep your attitude to yourself. I have every right to respond to posts, including yours, without any personal attacks.

I've looked at plenty of lens tests over the years. Mostly I am interested in distortion percentages. Most modern lenses these days are sufficiently "sharp" enough for general photography.

I bought the Nikon 35mm f1.4G as I'd been shooting with a 35mm Nikon prime lens since 1997 when I bought my first one (the Nikon 35mm f2 AI) and just learned to love the focal length. I'd always wanted the f1.4 AIS but it was too expensive back in the day. So when I had the means I bought the 1.4G and have enjoyed it ever since (bought in June, 2017).

No one is on your "case" here.

camerosity's gear list:camerosity's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon Df Nikon D810 +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow