I hope the FFF is nothing like the FP

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dellaaa
dellaaa Contributing Member • Posts: 961
I hope the FFF is nothing like the FP

Sorry but the new FP is not at all what I would hope the new FFF will be like.  It's primarily a movie oriented camera and as such I have zero interest in it.

First, I don't see the logic in making a FF mirrorless camera so small.  You will have to attach a FF lens to the camera and there goes all your effort to miniaturize.  Plus if you want a viewfinder, you need to attach that LCD viewer, whats the point?

Second I don't take movies and that feature is wasted on me.

Third the lack of an EVF is to me absurd.  I can see a camera with a fixed lens not having an EVF, but an interchangeable lens camera without one, weird.  The DP line is wonderful, but the lack of an EVF makes the camera a real pain to use in sunlight and to check focus.  Does anyone really like using an optical finder? Deal breaker.

Fourth, no hot shoe, for a still based camera this is mandatory.

I wish Sigma all the luck with this camera, hopefully it will generate additional revenue which can then be diverted to the development of a Foveon, stills based camera.

I'm hoping the new FFF will be a SD Quattro inspired camera, with IBIS, FF Foveon chip and better low light capabilities.

What do you guys think

dellaaa's gear list:dellaaa's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Sigma SD1 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 +6 more
Sigma sd Quattro
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow