Panasonic 14-150 4/3s lens repair quote

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
ardklg Junior Member • Posts: 30
Panasonic 14-150 4/3s lens repair quote

Years ago when I was shooting the E-300 as my primary camera, I picked up a used Panasonic 14-150 f/3.5-5.6 (as well as the 14-50mm), since I had started to notice that my hands weren't quite as steady as they used to be in my younger days. The focus for the 14-150 was never as sharp as I'd read about, and I chalked it up to just having a bad copy.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago, when I was going through some of my 4/3s gear and found that lens. I put it on my E-300 and discovered that it now will not focus at all.

So I contacted Panasonic, and they had me send the lens to their repair facility in McAllen, TX for a quote. I just got that repair quote: $1185.07.

Yeesh. If I could get it repaired for $200-$300 I might do it. But I ain't shelling out that much cash. I could get a lightly used one for half that amount.

Ah well. I do still have a the slower version of the Panasonic 14-50 (the f/3.8-5.6), so I guess I'll have to be satisfied with that.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow