ISO: An Equivalent to the Sony RX10 Mk III Lens in Micro 4/3

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mark Weiss Regular Member • Posts: 212
ISO: An Equivalent to the Sony RX10 Mk III Lens in Micro 4/3

I presently have a Sony RX10 Mk III, which I'm quite pleased with in general, except that it doesn't shoot in 4K. I recently learned that the GH5 from Panasonic not only shoots 4K up to 30FPS, but also can do 422 10-bit.

It ticks all the right boxes in nearly every area of a travel camera with high quality video and audio recording capabilities, except one: lenses.

I have been unable to find any equivalent to the 35mm equiv of 24-600mm f/2.4-4 lens of the RX10.

The OLYMPUS : M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-200mm F3.5-6.3 only goes 24-400mm (35mm equiv) and is a rather slow lens, making it no good for night shooting.

The other concern is whether the Oly lens is as clean and sharp to the corners and free of CA as the lens that comes with the RX10. I have many ILC cameras and the lenses all have some degree of CA that I find moderate to distracting.

The lens on the RX10 is so sharp that video viewed on my 154" 4K projection system makes ultra HD Blu-ray movies looks like 1080P by contrast. It's a little TOO sharp, even despite a setting of -3 on the sharpness for the picture profile.

Is there anything else in 4/3 that is f/2.4-4 and has 25X zoom ratio at very high quality?

-- hide signature --

Take care,
Mark & Mary Ann Weiss
www.mwhdvideo.com The Best in Video & Sound
Amp Repair: www.ampexperts.com
www.basspig.com The Bass Pig's Lair - 20,000 Watts of Driving Surround Sound!

Mark Weiss's gear list:Mark Weiss's gear list
Sony RX10 III
Panasonic GH5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow