Fuji X100F back dial skipping

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gpagnon Junior Member • Posts: 46
Fuji X100F back dial skipping

Hi all,

I have an X100F, and I noticed that oftentimes the back dial is not precise at all, i.e. not changing accurately the value parameter it is set to change, especially when turning from right to left quickly (but even if you do it slowly, it often does not respond accurately).  For instance, if you activate the Q menu and try to change the presets with the back wheel, sometimes it takes 2 or 3 clicks of the dial to produce the desired change; if you do it quickly,  the direction of the produced effect can even be backward.

Is this an indication that the camera needs service, or is it a known issue?  There would actually be no point in sending it in for service if it's a design fault.

For me, it is one of those quirks where the camera does not respond appropriately to the user actions,  which seems minor at the beginning but can become annoying in the long run (I have found myself fiddling unnecessarily with the dial when trying to set the correct level of manual flash, because the dial would not respond well to turning).

Also, has anybody observed a similar behavior in the x-pro2? If the x-pro2 has been better designed with regard to its operational details, that may prompt me to switch.

thanks in advance for any comments

giuseppe

Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow