Step up from D3200

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AdamDurinik New Member • Posts: 1
Step up from D3200

Hello, i am a hobbyist photographer, but i do it quite often. Usually i shoot some wildlife, landscape and some portraits for friends. I know i could get some money for the D3200 and have bigger budget but i want to give it to my father, who just started to show interest in photography, as a gift for starting.

The D3200 i have is like 8 years old or what not, and the low light performance or the burst is really bad. I was able to save up some money around 500$. i was thinking about D7100. which i found used with 10 000 shutter count for 400$. but the more i read about it, i am convincing my self that it would be better if i wait and save more to buy the D7200. Another option i thought about was D5300, Which has the benefit of Wifi, bluetooth and rotatable screan. the only thing about it is that it has only 31focus points , (which is still 20 more then my D3200) but for the same price i can get the D7100.

And i want to buy some 50mm 1.8 lens prob the YONGNUO one. which is like 100$ in my country. (because of tax and other stuff.....), but thats not important i can get that later.

Lenses i have are the kit one 18-55mm and telelens 80-300mm Temron.

TLS - is 7200 worth the extra money for what i want to do with it ?

Nikon D3200 Nikon D5300 Nikon D7100 Nikon D7200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow