Auto ISO with the M5/M50 - how are you coping with the limited adjustability??

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Jens H New Member • Posts: 8
Re: Auto ISO with the M5/M50 - how are you coping with the limited adjustability??

thunder storm wrote:

Lots of light: Av mode + ISO fixed at 100

Enough light, but on the lower side: Av mode + fixed ISO at 200

Low light without speedlights: M mode + auto ISO

With changing ISO between 100 and 200 you can avoid a lot of changing between Av and M.

It is definitely not ideal. All i want is in Av mode a minimum shutterspeed on a dial. For my type of shooting a shutterspeed is never to short other than not gathering enough light.

Usually folks are shouting a lot of hallelujah about the handling of Canon cameras. Not being able to set a minimum shutterspeed is also handling............... At the time this is available in the 80D and the 7DmkII........ It is only software, it doesn't weight to much to implement in a M camera......

The logic here? It is Canon.

Thanks, these are helpful suggestions! Only the M mode is something which I find not comfortable to use on a M50.
I agree, this is affecting the usability of the M cameras and it is nothing Canon should be proud of...

Jens H's gear list:Jens H's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow