Road trip (LAs Vegas / Bonneville / Yellowstone / Grand Canyon) : which lenses ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Chris_Belgium New Member • Posts: 6
Road trip (LAs Vegas / Bonneville / Yellowstone / Grand Canyon) : which lenses ?

Hello

End of September, we will make a roadtrip form LAs Vegas to Yellowstone and then back to LAs Vegas via Antelope / Bryce / Grand Canyon.

We rent a car in LAs Vegas and then we are on our own for two weeks. Then we take the plane to New-Orleans for a few days.

I have some doubts about which camera gear to bring.

What I have :

- Nikon D7200 and D90

- Zoom : Sigma 10-20 f/3.5, Nikon 18-140 VR, Tamron 70-300 VC

- Primes : Nikon 35 f/2, nikon 50 f/1.4, nikon 85 f/1.8

- Speedlite SB600

What I am sure to bring : the D7200, 10-20 and 18-140 and the speedlite

Telezoom : The 70-300 is nice but it's heavy and the first half of its range is already covers by the 18-140. Will I miss it ? I don't know as I seldom use it...

Backup body : Should I bring the D90 ? I don't use anymore because of it's limited ISO range and "low" resolution compared to the 7200...

Primes :

- I think that the 85 will stay home.

- The 35 is small and light and I  will take it

- the 50 is interesting for portraits but maybe of limited use for this trip ?

Your thoughts ?

Thank you

Chris_Belgium's gear list:Chris_Belgium's gear list
Nikon 1 J1 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D +4 more
Nikon D7200 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow